Transfer Policy

The Buncombe County Board of Education allows students to be assigned to a school district other than the one in which they live when reasons for reassignment fall within the guidelines of board policy. Parents must file an application (Discretionary Admission/Release Form) and return it to the administrative offices at 175 Bingham Road, Asheville, NC 28806 to request reassignment for the year next school year. For specific transfer information you should ask the office staff for a copy of the Board Policy.